Archives of the Monastery Marienberg
The first mention of the Marienberg archives appears in the 14th-century Registrum of the chronicler Goswin, which also represents their most important treasure.
While over the centuries it has suffered some losses, certain deeds from the time of the establishment of the abbey have nonetheless survived to this day. The archives seem to have withstood the period of closure (1807-1816) with relatively modest losses. From 1912 to 1918 Father Thomas Wieser (1872-1918) fundamentally reorganised the archives, with his work remaining largely intact to the present day.